Enterprise Zone Status
North Tyneside Council has been working with its development partner, Kier Property to transform the site into an advanced manufacturing park with Enterprise Status.
Together they are transforming 34 acres of Enterprise Zone land at Swans into a hub for the offshore, renewable energy and advanced engineering sectors.
The regeneration of the site is expected to bring around 1,000 new jobs to the North East, once the site is occupied to capacity.
Enterprise Zone benefits
As an Enterprise Zone (EZ) there will be a number of benefits for employers taking up the opportunity to move on to the site. This includes:
- Five years’ business rates relief for businesses locating on or before March 31, 2018
- A simplified planning scheme through a Local Development Order, which allows development within set parameters to be constructed without the need for the full planning application process.
The Enterprise Zone has been identified as one of six of the UK’s dedicated CORE (Centres for Offshore Renewable Engineering) sites.
Infrastructure and investment
The money has enabled the council and its partners to increase the potential of the site.
Around £8m is to be used to infill a redundant wet berth at the former shipyard, opening up more space for investors.
Swans Centre for Innovation
Extremely competitive rents
Office space can be provided in the Swans Centre for Innovation, which is ideal for companies connected to the engineering, subsea, marine, oil, gas or offshore renewable energy sectors.
Key benefits include:
- Riverside location
- Access to an established supply chain of oil and gas and renewable energy businesses
- Space for expansion as the business grows
- IT and phone connections and personal phone answering service
- Fully-staffed reception and kitchen facilities
- Free car parking
- 24-hour access
- Service charge for utilities
- Admin/secretarial back-up
- Meeting rooms
Soft landing package
Invest North Tyneside
Soft landing opportunities are available for businesses looking to test the market in the North East. If your business is based outside of the region and is looking to explore the potential of the North East, Invest North Tyneside will give companies the opportunity to test the market free of charge, on a no-obligation basis.
Invest North Tyneside, North Tyneside Council, Quadrant, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, United Kingdom, NE27 0BY